Monday, April 11, 2011

SUICIDE MONDAYS - THE PLASMATICS (NEW HOPE FOR THE WRETCHED)

Photobucket



The Plasmatics... What more can be said about this band that hasn't been said before? I first heard The Plasmatics on TV during some VH1 show when I was about 11. I was blown away by this crazy (albeit hot!) looking girl blowing up cars and ripping shit up! This band had a tendency to shock and awe in all their live shows, with Wendy playing half the time almost completely naked. Anyways, this is some fast and furious Rock N' Roll, and Wendy O's gruff vocals perfectly compliment the music. New Hope for the Wretched was released in 1980 and Wendy O' Williams (sadly) committed suicide by shooting herself in the woods near her home in 1998.

"The act of taking my own life is not something I am doing without a lot of thought. I don't believe that people should take their own lives without deep and thoughtful reflection over a considerable period of time. I do believe strongly, however, that the right to do so is one of the most fundamental rights that anyone in a free society should have. For me, much of the world makes no sense, but my feelings about what I am doing ring loud and clear to an inner ear and a place where there is no self, only calm." - Wendy O Williams

http://www.mediafire.com/?cn1wu4szalwtc8s

Play it loud!!

No comments:

Post a Comment