Wednesday, February 9, 2011

HIT ME BACK - 8 POSITIVE TUNES TO SHAKE YER BON-BON TO EP

Photobucket

Hit Me Back is one of those bands you really had to see live to appreciate. They we're full of energy, fast, and exciting to watch. I first saw them play at one of my first punk shows when I was about 15 and I was blown away! At the time, almost every local band was a street punk band, ala "The Casualties". So to see a band playing hardcore thrash-punk at the time was really refreshing. Anyways, I bought this record at a record store called "Trash City Records" back in 2003, I do believe. That record store is no longer there, but I still own this record, which is great because it is easily my favorite material released by these guys! It's catchy, fast, and energetic. To me, it is reminiscent of the Jellyroll Rockheads, but you can have a listen and make up your own mind:

http://www.mediafire.com/?96pu998roj62loh

Hit Me Back broke up in 2008, right before Asko was formed. Today, Abe (the lead vocalist in this band) does full time duty in Tuberculosis as the bass player.

No comments:

Post a Comment