Tuesday, February 15, 2011

LA'S MORAL DECAY

Photobucket

Last week I talked about how growing up in South Central, the majority of punk bands were street punk bands (ala "The Casualties"). It was the big thing growing up, and every show had a bunch of bands singing songs like "drinking 40oz's Oi!Oi!Oi!" or whatever. I would be lying if I said I wasn't into it. At age 14, it was the only punk I knew and it was all around me, no matter where I tried to turn to. The Moral Decay (who for some reason changed their name to "LA's Moral Decay") was undoubtedly the most popular one in the backyards of South Central LA. Whenever they were on the flyer, kids were sure to come. Hell, even to this day, if you put them on a flyer in LA the show is sure to get packed full of street punk kids with dyed hair and studded leather jackets. Although this band technically broke up a few years ago, some of the band members in this band are in other bands that you're more likely to recognize. The guitarist, Eddie, is now the drummer for Poliskitzo, while the vocalist, Jose, was the vocalist for Peligro Social and is now doing full time in Ruleta Rusa. I'm not the biggest fan of this band, but for historical purposes (and if you want to know what the biggest thing in South Central was when I was growing up)you should give it a listen.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tiz5e35gka1yixe

This was their reunion show last year. It's not the best quality video, but at least it shows how die-hard their fans are:

No comments:

Post a Comment