Tuesday, November 18, 2014

NO TE MUEVAS!!


A while back (almost 4 years ago actually), I wrote a piece about RIP and how they are one of my favorite bands to have ever come out of the Basque Country. I just found out yesterday that the ex guitarrist, Jul Bolinaga, has passed away. Needless to say, it's pretty sad, considering that "No Te Muevas" was and still is one of my favorite albums, and it was a huge influence on everything I did musically growing up (everything from ASKO to GENERACION SUICIDA has been touched by that album). Anyways, here's  the link if you want to see what I had to say about RIP 4 years ago (as usual, Mediafire is an asshole and has taken down my link, but the album is easy to find with a little help from Google). While I think a lot differently these days, this album still remains as one of my favorite records of all time.

Here is also a cool little documentary film about RIP. The audio is a bit weird and kinda blown out, but it's still great.



No comments:

Post a Comment