Friday, April 8, 2016

DAME - CHARM SCHOOL

All day today, I've been hearing stories by people twice my age. Most of these stories are regarding bathroom habits and old hangouts that are no longer there. To be honest, I usually ignore everything and zone out for 8 hours a day. One of them today told me "I used to know this dame a long time ago. She used to always get mad at me because my handwriting looks like scribble..." At this moment, I zoned out and I just thought "who uses the term 'dame' anymore"? DAME from Boston of course! Ahhhh, this band is great. I don't think that they are obscure or not well known, but just in case you should check it out. This is the kind of band that can brighten up your day with their new-wavey / post-punk synth driven tunes. Don't be fooled though, they can be hard as fuck too. You can stream their stuff here and you can download their demo here.

..."and there I was in the cab when I realized I had forgotten my wallet at home. What a wild weekend!" Yes, I know. Even I envy my own life sometimes...

No comments:

Post a Comment