Wednesday, December 15, 2010

FRONTERAS DESARMADAS PRINT/VIDEO ZINE

Fronteras Desarmadas is a zine I started back in early 2009. It was thought up in my car on my way back from San Francisco along with the help of my friends Kiwi and Frank. Originally it was just a quick 2-4 page zine, with a few articles and reviews. The original zine only had the segments Ponkeras, one band interview, Reviews, a few comic strips, and Ponk Chisme. Originally, we would do it quickly on word and then cut and paste everything together. We would then go to Office Max and steal a bunch of copies and hand them out for free at all the local shows we would go to. Nobody really knew what to make of it at first. Most punks would just throw them away or use them as surface (to break up their weed), but it slowly caught on. Eventually more people got involved and it slowly grew to bigger issues and better art (although I really didn't see anything wrong with keeping it raw). Here we have a few pages of the last issue that was released (which was issue 5). It's all I can find on my computer at the moment, but I will be uploading more as soon I have a chance to scan them in. Issue 6 is currently in the works and should be out by January (finally!). Tomorrow, I'll post up the videozine of the same name.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's a link so you can download them to your computer. It might make them easier to see (as always you can copy past the link into the bar to download).

http://www.mediafire.com/?3mc73ecutcuetcs

No comments:

Post a Comment