Thursday, December 16, 2010

PONKERAS: X RAY SPEX (GERM FREE ADOLESCENTS)

Every Thursday, I am going to be posting or highlighting what I consider to be important female figures in punk. This section is going to be called Ponkeras and it will be updated weekly. For my first post I have decided to feature X Ray Spex. I would say that this band is one of my earliest influences in punk. They have a unique sound, mainly due to their amazing singer and their ever so talented (yet raw) saxophone player. The saxophone in punk is not something that is done very often, but it has been seen before (in bands like Espasmodicos and Seguridad Social). The band has been broken up for a while, but they perform reunion shows ever now and then (I believe their last reunion was in 2008). I first bought this CD at Headline Records when I was 15 years old. Ever since, you can always catch me bumping this CD and chugging a 40 oz.

Here's an awesome video I found on youtube (I love the way she moves!):



And here's that CD I promised:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jbvrho6pozff5es

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment