Monday, December 27, 2010

GOTHIC DARK WAVE FOR THE PUNX (PUERTO RICO FLOWERS)

Today I don't feel like putting up another random punk hit. I'm feeling a little gloomy tonight. This is Puerto Rico Flowers, one of my favorite dark wave albums at the moment (or is it goth? Who cares!). This is slow and mellow music to slit your wrists to, so if you're into the more speedy punk/rock n' roll stuff, you'll have to wait till tomorrow for that! This is basically just a distorted bass, synthesizer, and drums, over some deep vocals. Not much more I can say, so I'll just let you have a listen.

For the first album, I recommend you skip the first song. It's boring (in my opinion):

Photobucket

http://www.mediafire.com/?dmynl07yllbkcpf


Here's the 7". It only has 2 songs, and I don't think it's as good as the first 12", but if you're curious to hear more, here's your chance:

Photobucket

http://www.mediafire.com/?dmynl07yllbkcpf

"Turn that depressive shit off"! - Frank (a real quote from Frank, the Kruel bassist, about the PRF 12". But what does he know about good music? He's in Kruel! Hahahahahaha!)

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog and found best information regarding the Puerto Rico Flowers

    http://www.countryflora.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great entry! Just checked this band out after discovering Dark Blue which are (as one would assume) equally great. Wanted to hear the "2" release but your links above are both for the "4" release. Any chance of a re-up of "2"? That would be awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete